Tuesday, July 14, 2015

An Answer to prayer for a Syrian Refugee whose son faced an ISIL religious judge

A Syrian refugee, an elderly woman who is a practicing Muslim, was grief-stricken because of her son being separated from her. As refugees piled onto a truck, her son was left behind and he fell into the hands of ISIL.

She was befriended by Christians who lived in the refugee camp and began to attend worship services with them and recently, she recounted this experience to her new friends.

"At 1:30 in the morning, I had a dream. A man, dressed in white, came to me. His name was Isa. He didn't say anything to me. He just stood there, close by and then went away. I thought it was a dream.

"The next afternoon, just as the sun was setting, my son showed up at the refugee camp. I could not believe that he was hugging me, because I thought he was lost.

"He said, 'I was captured by members of ISIL. Last night, several of us young men were taken before a religious judge. The ones in the line before me were taken away, with the sentence of death. The judge looked at me and said, "Get out! Go free!" I looked at the clock and it was 1:30 in the morning.'

"Now I know why Isa came to me. He was comforting me."

The Christian congregation has welcomed this lady and her son. When this congregation speaks of Jesus, they use the Arabic name, 'Isa Mesih'.

 

No comments:

Post a Comment