Saturday, December 29, 2012

"Learning to Be Still" - Cathie

Here we are, arriving at the end of the year. Many people make resolutions for the New Year, an act that is intended to change one's life. However, most resolutions fall by the way-side.

But, we are told in Scripture to, "Be Still". "Be still and know that I am God," says the Lord to us.

Elijah didn't hear the voice of God in the mighty thunder or the earthquake, but in the quiet voice when he was listening for the slightest indication of God's presence.

One of the things that I have been thinking about during these last few months is "being still." This has come as a result of my health issues. It's been a blessing to listen to God, and to hear His voice in the quietness of these days.

At the end of this year I am challenged to bring my family to him in prayer. Being still and waiting for him has been a theme given to my parents the day I was born. In Ruth the instruction was, "Sit still my daughter," - the implication being to stay calm. Mary also sat at Jesus' feet.

This is not always easy to do, but it's what I want to do at the end of this year - to be apart and hear His voice.

No comments:

Post a Comment