Monday, March 2, 2015

Adversity and a Life-Prison Sentence: Finding God's Favor in Jail

A great resource for anyone going through significant adversity, such as  a child diagnosed with Autism, or a person living with MS - or as in Carol Kent's case - having a son sentenced to life imprisonment for first degree murder, our tough spots in life need a special touch from God's Spirit in order to cope.

Carol's Kent, Between a Rock and a Grace Place is highly recommended for her brutal honesty of emotions dealing with blow after blow, when her son was convicted of murder.

In the midst of his jail sentence, her son J.P. began to learn the depth of grace and the majesty of God being with him. This amazing story will bring tears to your eyes.

This volume follows Carol Kent's two other books, When I Lay My Isaac Down, and A New Kind of Normal.

Because of the restrictions related to copyright, I will not copy any passages from Between a Rock and a Grace Place,. However, I highly recommend this book in spite of the conflict you will feel after reading it: "Should I keep this great volume on my bookshelf, or should I give it as a gift to (name) who probably needs it more than I do."

Put this on your "I-have-to-buy-these-books list".

No comments:

Post a Comment